Mimi’s Introduction to
The Mimi and Friends Show!
Our “Mimi & Friends” is a Family "How-To"/Talk Show-Podcast for all ages; 30 to 45 minute shows. Great family entertainment and education! Wonderful for public, private and home school science and social programs too!
Hi Y’all. Welcome to Mimi’s Country Porch where my dog, Leopard Girl, and I, along with many friends, will teach you how wonderfully easy it is to get back to the basics of living a wholesome and purposeful life - TOGETHER.
This is where the fun and puppetry of Noodle and Doodle meets the welcoming warmth of the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten, all with the country wholesomeness of Little House on the Prairie.
Folks love to come to Mimi’s Porch. What brings them there? The warmth of her smile? The whimsy of her dog? Or the fact that every time you come, you learn how to make something new… like: homemade tortillas, muffins, breads and pastas all made with natural and nutritious ingredients such as coconut, almond and cricket flours! That’s right, cricket flour! Beautiful, nutritional and delicious cricket flour made from the farmed crickets here at Mimi’s Country Porch! We will teach families how to farm their own crickets (or certain other insects) with little room, on a slim budget and with fun and easy to follow steps!
Mimi and Friends will be making homemade soap, assorted fruit jams, or a root beer float from scratch, down to boiling the licorice. But it’s not only a "how-to" show for kids and their families. Mimi and Friends also bring history into the mix, highlighting a significant person in history that pertains to each episode. Who is the king of peanut butter? She’ll talk about George Washington Carver all the while making peanut butter from scratch. Teaching the basics of bee keeping? She’ll introduce you to L.L. Langstroth. The historical figure is tied to what was made or learned.
The show takes place in Mimi’s Bakehouse and on a country, porch located on a small farm in Liberty Hill, Texas. Live farm animals and pets (exotics too) will of course be guests from time to time and will be an intricate part in sharing the importance of animal (farm and exotic), pet and plant care. In addition, ‘community’ children will come to partake in the "how-to" lesson of the day. The interactive “how-to” segment includes silliness and fun from Leopard Girl and Friends as well as a hands-on experience from Mimi’s visiting guests.
After a catchy tune, we are welcomed to the cozy, familiar porch by sweet Mimi and her silly, whimsical sidekick puppet dog, Leopard Girl. If a guest is joining her, they meet Mimi on the porch with a warm hello. It may get a little noisy on the porch, so we swing on into the country Bakehouse where Mimi is already set up for the day’s "how-to" lesson and for the fun baking and cooking to begin.
Kids today are accustomed to instantly having everything being handed to them. "On Demand" this. "Netflix" that. They will soon be labeled the "Instant Generation", to their detriment. Mimi not only emphasizes patience and empowers children to learn and lead, but her ultimate goal is to impart traditional values such as kindness, respect, patriotism, family rituals, and general healthy living habits. With the help of Boone, The Moral Compass, there will be lots of “getting back to the basics” with life activities and wholesome value lessons!
Have some fun with Mimi & Friends today and learn a thing or two along the way! Join us on the Porch – Mimi’s Country Porch!
Show synopisis and episode content
- SHOW INTRO
- PORCH AND CRICKET CLUB NEWS: News about what has been happening with Mimi and Friends, news and new research about environmental and pet care issues and fixes, fan news and pet news shares, Cricket Club news about contests and announcements…
- COOKING TIME: Can you smell what’s cooking? Preparing recipes of the day! Get ready to smack your lips (yes, you can do this in Mimi’s Bakehouse 😊) while we show you how to prepare easy, delicious and nutritious meals and snacks for yourselves, your family and friends and of course pets too!
- EDUCATION STATION: All Aboard the Bony Appetit Express where we introduce cool and educational clips about people, pets, animals, plants and earth care! At the station you will see how and why insects, along with plants and animals, are important to the environment in ways that will simply amaze you!! Education station is where we also learn about the nutritional benefits from eating another meat alternative, insects! We will show you how to prepare beautiful flours with farmed, and cared for insects. It is estimated that 2 billion people from all over the world eat insects on a regular basis. We will show you how you too can have a choice in adding another source of protein to your diets. It is good to have choices/alternatives with your meal planning. You will be hopping glad that you do! 😊
- THE PET VET SET: Our resident Pet Vet will show us how to properly care for our pet/s health. During the Pet Vet Set, we will ask you to send in pet photos along with your own stories and tips on pet care. We will have fun contests and games too. So, get your cameras ready to take those cute, outrageous and adorable pics of your beloved pets; dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, lizards, goats, pigs, guinea pigs, gerbils, rats, chickens, geese, sugar gliders etc.… Woohoo! Going be some pet loving, pet caring and pet learning fun!
- COMMUNITY GUEST SET: Guests will visit Mimi’s Country Porch and share their early memories of their own childhood pets. They will share with us the wonderful life lessons that their pet taught them. Guests will play with Mimi and Friends in the Bakehouse kitchen too – helping with all of the antics and delicious food preparations!
Mimi and Friends will talk with animal owners, farmers, pet trainers, and pet specialists such as nutritionists and behaviorists about their own pet experiences. They will visit with celebrity guests who will share their own love stories about their pets and tips on how they are able to assimilate them into their busy schedules while keeping them happy, safe and healthy. Mimi and Friends will also share their own funny pet stories and let you in on what “really” goes on with our own pets behind the scenes of Mimi’s Country Porch.
- BOONE TIME: Featuring our wise and all knowing, Boone, The Moral Compass! He enjoys spreading his love and wisdom to everyday life with his wise quotes and advice. You will love adding him to your BFF list!
- SINGING TIME: This is our closing time that ends with a special song of the day. You will want to listen or sing along. Indeed, music is good for the soul!
- SHOW OUTRO:
|Sharing the importance of nutrition and vitamins through specific foods. Creating quick, easy and healthy snacks for “on the go” events using timesaver and organizational tips. Learning that insects are extremely nutritious (packed full of amino acids and protein!) and can be added to our and our pet’s daily diets via delicious, colorful, nutritious and fun recipes.|
|Physical and mental exercises that can be practiced outside of a gym and without expensive equipment.|
|Growing your own vegetables, fruit trees and herbs inside of containers or in your own backyard, general gardening tips, as well as creating a butterfly garden or growing edible mushrooms.|
|Mike, no “monkeying” around with safety! Sharing kitchen safety rules and great grocery shopping tips and guidelines. Safety musts when cleaning out your pet’s living area, safety using certain garden utensils etc.|
|Techniques for pickling and preserving foods, producing cheese, butter and yogurt, baking basic breads, making homemade ice cream, jams, and more! Grocery shopping tips for our delicious and nutritious shared recipes! Cooking and baking with Crickets! Yes! Go to the Bonyappetit page to read more on this! So exciting! You will be “hopping” glad you did!|
|Learn how to make your own pet food while understanding about pet nutrition. Tasty and healthy pet treats that can be made from basic household food staples. How to prepare for your new pet, how to care for your pet and their living environment and so much more!|
|The importance of farm animal care including bee keeping.|
|Natural and simple self-care treatments such as homemade soap, shampoo, moisturizer, and candles. Teaching organizational basics to help with those daily “stressors” too. Let’s talk!|
|Boone, The Moral Compass will help us with important life lessons that are usually learned in childhood; such as having a good moral character, strong work ethics, close, loving and supportive family units, trust, kindness, self-sufficiency, patriotism, citizenship, respect of others and oneself, forgiveness and allegiances to God, to oneself, fellow man, community and country, just to name a few.|