10 Reasons why to choose your nutritional pet treats from Bonyappetit Pet Treats & More LLC
1. Mimi and Friends are on a mission to educate children and their families on how beneficial insects contribute to the well-being of humans, animals, and plants and by offering healthy pet treats and other products made from insects. They will offer informative bi-weekly blogs with helpful links, interactive puppet shows, and educational curriculum that can be shared and discussed.
2. Mimi and Friends are also on a mission to educate and assist children and their families on
the best practices for caring for their pets through live puppet shows, live and interactive radio shows. We will feature interviews with veterinarians, pet trainers, pet stores, pet owners, pet and child psychologists who will talk about the importance of caring for pets and fun contests with the “Cricket Club”, too (stay tuned)!
3. Bonyappetit is all natural and nutritional! All natural insect protein treats for your pets. A sustainable superfood pets love! All of our ingredients are organic and extremely healthy for your pets. Our main ingredient is insect flour made right here on Mimi’s Country Porch. Our first offerings of insects will be from crickets and mealworms. We will soon be farming other protein filled insects as well. Bonyappetit will begin by offering our treats for dogs initially, but we will be offering our treats (with a few tweaks of our recipe) to other family pet members such as; birds, reptiles, guinea pigs, sugar gliders, reptiles, cats, squirrels, hedgehogs, rats and many more.
4. Bonyappetit spoils their Insects! Mimi and Friends raise and cultivate insects in safe and clean conditions. They have even dubbed the insect living quarters, ‘The Cricket Hotel” and there is an insect nursery within. All of the insects are treated with kindness and respect – after all they are giving up their lives, at the end of their life cycles, by giving sustenance for your pet friends.
5. Bonyappetit is good for and is doing good things for our environment! Mimi and Friends feed their insects organic and quality fresh foods from gardens tended right here in Liberty Hill, Texas – home of Mimi’s Country Porch! We will be using the innovative Crop Circle technologies of growingtogive.org and organically growing our own carrots, potatoes, squash and some dark leafy greens. Crop Circles® are small round gardens® that get big garden production from small garden spaces. Perfect for the backyard, a community garden – even a rooftop. Crop Circles is a "grow anything anywhere" food technology the world has been waiting for. It’s easy to use, simple to install, incredibly productive, water efficient and climate adaptable. Mimi and Friends know and understand the importance of feeding their insects quality food because after all “WE ARE WHAT WE EAT - EATS!” Mimi and friends are very aware of our environmental changes and are proud to be able to utilize the technologies from Crop Circles to conserve water usage while producing thriving and healthy plants.
6. Bonyappetit is a good and responsible environmental steward! Mimi and Friends understand this.
Per Wikipedia research:
- Raising livestock is responsible for 18% greenhouse gases emitted. Alternative sources of protein, such as insects, replace protein sourced from livestock and help decrease the number of greenhouse gases emitted from food production. Insect farming has negligible emissions compared to livestock.
- Raising Livestock accounts for 70% of agricultural land use and this amount of land-cover destroys local ecosystems and displaces people and wildlife. Insect farming is minimally space intensive compared to other conventional livestock, and can even take place in populated urban centers.
- As opposed to meat, lower costs are required to care for and produce insects.
- Faster growth and reproduction rates. Crickets mature rather quickly and are typically full-grown within 3 weeks to a month and an individual female can lay from 1,200 to 1,500 eggs in three to four weeks. Cattle, however, become adults at 2 years, and the breeding ratio is four breeding animals for each market animal produced. Unlike meat, insects rarely transmit diseases such as H1N1, mad cow disease, or salmonella.
- Reduced feed: Cattle use 12 times the amount of feed that crickets do to produce an equal amount of protein. Crickets also only use a quarter of the feed of sheep and one half the amount of feed given to swine and chicken to produce an equivalent amount of protein. Crickets require only two pounds of feed to produce one pound of the finished product.
7. Bonyappetit uses freeze drying techniques to prepare their pet treats. Freeze-drying retains nutritional value better than other drying methods. Freeze drying maintains 97% of the nutritional value of the food. Dehydration removes about 90-95 percent of the moisture content while freeze drying removes about 98-99 percent. Freeze-dried foods will have a longer average shelf life, 25 to 30 years if stored properly. Diane Barrett, a food science and technology professor at UC-Davis, says once rehydrated, freeze-dried food is similar in nutritional value to fresh food. Your pet will have healthier snacks that last longer in your cupboard.
8. Bonyappetit stone grinds their seeds and nuts! We use the finest organically grown ingredients in our pet treats. We use a grist mill that stone grinds our natural ingredients.
Stone grinding produces an end product which retains the natural, original proportions of the seeds and grains being ground. Stone grinding releases the natural oils and distributes them uniformly throughout the product creating a wonderfully smooth and creamy product. Yummy for your beloved pets! Let’s Bonyappetit y’all!
9. Bonyappetit will use solar panels on their Insect houses such as our “Cricket Ranch Hotel”. No greenhouse gas emissions are released into the atmosphere when we use solar panels to create electricity. And because the sun provides more energy than we will ever need, electricity from solar power is a very important energy source in the move to clean energy production.
10. A percentage of each product sold will go to a worthy cause!
We are starting a program called “Senior Pets for Senior Peeps”! Funds will go towards finding good homes for Senior Pets who have been left behind for whatever reason and now need a good home to spend their last days in – a home with patience, love and time.
Studies have shown that animals can help reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and increase social interaction and physical activity with the elderly. Pets can also have a wonderful effect on symptoms of depression and feelings of loneliness.
Studies have even witnessed animals’ ability to prompt better memory recall in their elderly owners. Those with memory loss interact with an animal and regain access to memories from long ago. Having a pet helps the senior focus on something other than their physical problems and negative preoccupations about loss or aging.
Animals benefit from adoption, too, particularly when seniors adopt older pets. Retired adopters tend to have lots of time to devote to a previously unwanted pet, forming a lasting bond. “Senior Pets for Senior peeps!”
Well… “We are what we eat – eats!”
An increasing number of pet owners want to provide their pets with a natural healthy diet free from preservatives, dyes and other additives, and go out of their way to ensure their pets eat well. Pet owners know that one of the best ways to keep a pet healthy is to provide the best food they can afford. This means different things for different people.
While it is just gaining traction in the U.S., edible insects are not a new concept throughout the world. Roughly in 80 percent of the countries, people eat insects.
According to estimates, more than 2 billion people worldwide eat insects every day. For many people it is the only available meat meal rich in protein, sugars and vitamins. Insect meat is rich in amino acids, fats, sugars, and has a high concentration of vitamins B and K. People have been eating insects for thousands of years? So why not your precious pets?
We chose crickets and Mealworms as the base of our products because of their exceptional nutrition profile. They are a good source of protein and healthy fats, and provide micronutrients such as iron, calcium, and B-Vitamins. As a complete protein source they contain all of the essential amino acids.
We also love the sustainability story of crickets and other insects. Crickets and Mealworms are one of the most sustainable sources of protein producing less greenhouse gases and requiring minimal water, feed, and space. Because they are an incredible source of protein: 100 grams of crickets has 21 grams of protein, compared to beef’s 26 grams. Crickets need one-twelfth the feed of beef, and don’t need to be pumped full of antibiotics in order to raise in mass.
With all the nutrition and environmental benefits, insects just make sense. They are a sustainable protein source that is good for you, good for the environment, and good for your pet!
Here at Bonyappetit Pet Treats & More LLC, we will start out with our Cricket line of pet treats for dogs first. Crickets, like other insects, contain fibers, such as chitin, that are different from the dietary fiber found in foods like fruits and vegetables. Fiber serves as a microbial food source and some fiber types promote the growth of beneficial bacteria, also known as probiotics.
Cricket flour from Bonyappetit Pet Treats & More LLC packs a protein punch, and it offers other advantages over common pet food ingredients such as organ meat and various byproducts of poultry and beef processing. It’s also one of a number of low-calorie, low-fat ‘novel’ protein sources that pet food manufacturers are investigating as options for fighting obesity in pets. (http://www.petfoodindustry.com/articles/5970-novel-proteins-can-fight-pet-obesity) Cricket flour is also an alternative for dogs that suffer from food sensitivities to animal protein, which can cause gastrointestinal and skin problems.
Insects in pet food may have positive implications for human health, too. Crickets and mealworms are far less likely to carry transmissible diseases which have become a major public health concern in the past few decades. Bird flu, swine flu, and mad cow disease are just a few examples of zoonotic diseases transmitted to humans via industrial livestock. Replacing livestock with insects as a major protein source would reduce the risk of transmitting diseases through infected meat (as is the case with mad cow disease) or through human contact with livestock (crickets and other edible insects are unlikely to transmit diseases to humans or other mammals). (http://www.petmd.com/blogs/thedailyvet/ken-tudor/2014/january/insects-pet-food-protein-future-31265)
With these super ingredients, your pets will get a balanced and condensed mix of nutrients that normally have to be sourced from all kinds of additives. High-performance for your dog, low-impact for the planet – what more could you wish for? Your pets are ready…are you? It might well turn out that your pets, without really knowing it, can lead us through one of the greatest food revolutions.
Welcome to Mimi's Country Porch Online Shop
Click on the product(s) below to order through Paypal.
One Minute Custom Video Message$9.95
Three Minute Custom Video Message$19.95
Welcome to BonyAppetit!
Once upon a time there was a young girl who grew up on a farm in Brenham, Texas. This was a magical place and time for this young girl as this was the place where she learned to garden, care for animals, cook and bake for others, and learned the necessary skills of self-sufficiency. She applied her love and fondness of music to touring, performing and recording a few years with her sisters in a vocal harmony group. They even were able to sing on the Grand Ole Opry Gospel Hour in Tennessee! She later studied business and graduated from St. Edward’s University. She managed private Child Development Schools for twelve years and assisted in the opening of the University of Texas Child Development Center as well. She put her love of plants (all things flowering and green) into a Vice President’s position of a lovely interiorscape/ horticultural company for almost ten years. She left the life of plants to pursue her dream of Entrepreneurship! She started a Home Care and Concierges company, Back to Basics Home Care & Concierge LLC and helped the elderly in Williamson County Texas for ten years.
During these years she also married, had a child, had grandchildren and settled on a little farm in Liberty Hill, Texas. This is when she began to be lovingly called, Mimi and where she spends quite a few days on her front porch with her grandsons, five dogs, two cats, other farm animals and her puppet characters from Mimi’s Country Porch, where her dog, Leopard Girl, her sisters and Mimi teach you how wonderfully easy it is to get back to the basics of living a wholesome and simple life. Kids today are used to being handed everything to them instantly. On demand this. Netflix that. They will soon be labeled the Instant Generation, to their detriment. Mimi not only emphasizes patience and empowers children to learn and lead, but her ulterior goal is to impart traditional values such as kindness, respect, patriotism, family rituals, and general healthy living habits. There is lots of “getting back to the basics” with life activities and lessons!
Hello, I’m Lisa Sellers Roberts and I am Mimi! I would like to introduce you to Mimi’s Country Porch LLC and to the dog treat company that Mimi and Friends have created , Bonyappetit Pet Treats & More LLC.
My sisters and I were having a good time teaching children how to care for and be responsible for their pets via the Mimi’s Country Porch puppet shows. After listening to stories about how their family dogs and pets were having trouble with certain ingredients found in their dog/pet food. I decided to do my own research on the dog and cat food manufacturing of today. I even went as far to obtain a certification in Pet Food Nutrition and became a Pet Food Specialist through the “Dog Naturally” Magazine/company program. After four years of research and preparation, this 58 year old Mimi has truly created and started the company of her dreams. Come along on this healthy and productive journey with us, as our Leopard Girl would howl, “Woohoo!” and “Bonyappetit Y’all!”.
Why Insects? Click Here to Learn More
Mimi- If Abraham Lincoln had a modern day counter-part, it would be Mimi. Kids, animals and all people in general love Mimi – she accepts and loves all unconditionally but also expects a lot out of kids. She treats them as mini-adults, instilling in them values that will last a lifetime.
Leopard Girl is a Blue Heeler puppet who is smart, silly, and a tad hyper. She lightens any moment that may seem too technical or even serious, and is such a joy. Kids are drawn to Leopard Girl, and her silly sing-song voice.
The very wise Robin comes from a long line of British birds that flew with Aydan's ancestors They have passed down the bird song to Robin, whereby she has great knowledge of past events. She appears in the historical character segments..
Magi'co – Pronounced Maa-JEEK-ho, is a funny puppet. Magic Hoe appears in the gardening segments. Magi'co talks slowly and repeats himself often, well, frankly because he keeps hitting his head on the ground, but he is truly wise about the outdoors.
Pronounced Show-VEL, he is Magi'co's uppity sidekick. Think Laurel and Hardy. Though Shove'l is American, he is from French descent and speaks like a Frenchman. He appears in the gardening segments with Magi'co.
Boone is the Moral Compass. He has a warm, smooth and low southern voice. He is patient, kind, wise, and understanding. Boone is a friend and Teacher to all, but especially to children. He is always advising them on the right direction they should be pointing their moral compasses using thought, wit, wisdom, empathy and love. He guides each child to really listen to their inner voice – a place that God resides and a place that God will help them make the right choices if they will really listen!
The Doubter – Boone's nemesis is a handsome character by the name of Sir Doubt. Sir Doubt works on children and their perceptions of certain situations. He brings feelings of uncertainty and a lack of conviction. He places fear in their hearts about who they are and what they can do by bringing confusion, suspicion and indecision into play. Boone, shines the light on "Doubt" especially self-doubt! He leads the way to truth through bravery and trust.